Another milestone for my nine-month-old grandson Ethan. His first ball game. And why not? His dad is a baseball fanatic. In town for a wedding, Dani and Erik also wanted to include a Saturday night Cyclones game at Brooklyn's Keyspan Park in Coney Island. Unfortunately, Dani wasn't feeling well so she didn't join us. So Stacey, Erik and I, and Ethan of course, drove down to Coney and took our seats in Section 10 between home and first base and enjoyed a wonderful summer evening at the ball park.
Ethan and his dad in front of our house on our way to the game.
Ethan's first visit to a ball park.
Daddy explains what's going on.
Grandma is along to provide support.
I think I like this game.
If a ball comes this way I can catch it in my hand. Except my hand is in my mouth.
Ethan is a joy. He sat, quietly and happily, for the entire game!
Play ball! Cyclones playing the Vermont Lake Monsters in Keyspan Park.
The first of many ball games. You think?
The Cyclones hold a strategy conference on the pitcher's mound.
We left just before the ninth inning as Ethan decided he finally had had enough. And, by the way, the Cyclones mashed the Monsters, 2 to 1.
A nice farewell -- an almost full moon rising behind Coney Island's landmark parachute jump
4 comments:
Ethan is a joy to behold! And he was willing to be held happily for eight innings. But I wouldn't call a score of 2-1 “mashing.” Squeaking, maybe.
Seymour
Ethan sat through eight innings more than Mickey ever wanted to sit through. Keyspan Park is really a great ballpark for those of us who cannot afford the obscene prices at Major League ball parks.
Ethan is just getting betterer and betterer every time I see his picture. Love, Carol
What a handsome boy!!! And obviously a very happy baby.
Great pics..and it appears to have been a wonderful evening for all...
Holy Moly dat's a cute baby...
Post a Comment